- Blade Size: 1 ¼” x 14’9”
- Blade Drive: 6 HP/ 4.5kw
- Blade Speed: 49-380 SFM / 15-115 m/min
- Motor Voltage 240 or 480 v (other voltages require transformer – not supplied)
- Hydraulic Drive: 1.7 HP / 1.1 kw
- Hydraulic Tank Capacity: 10.5 US gal. / 40 L
- Coolant Tank Capacity: 53 US gal. / 200 L
- Shuttle Stroke: 0-16”- 400mm multi-Indexing
- Remnant length: 40 mm / 1.5”
- Machine Weight: 5070 lbs.
- Workload: 4,700 lbs.
- Dimensions (L x W x h) L73″ x W102″ x H78” / 1854mm x W 2590mm x H 1990 mm
- Table Height 33.85”
|Capacity||Rectangular (H x W)||Round||Square|
|90°||11" x 13.5"||11"||11"|
MACHINE CONSTRUCTION & FEATURES
Machine Base: The machine base is designed and produced with electro-welded steel components for maximum rigidity and support. Part of the main construction is a protective cover over the main cutting components, leaving only the vise area exposed.
Saw Head: Rigid cast iron assembly provides durability, stiffness and absorbs vibration during the cutting process.
VFD Motor: Heavy duty 6 Hp motor with a A/C inverter provides infinitely variable band speed allowing for efficient cutting of various applications.
Shuttle Feed: Heavy duty shuttle vise assembly mounted on reciprocating linear ball bearing provide materital indexing of up to 16” in a single movement with a length accuracy of /- .005” per stroke. The shuttle vise is powered by a ballscrew and stepper motor.
Split Front Vise: Provides material clamping on both sides of the blade and resulting in short material remnant length during automatic operation.
Blade Wheels High quality cast iron wheels with heavy-duty wheel and gearbox shaft bearings.
Guide Arms: Heavy duty, cast iron guide arms. The idler side guide arm is mechanically connected to the front vise moveable jaw, moving in tandem with the opening and closing of the vise. This provides proper positioning of the guide arm spacing, in relation to material width, at all times.
Blade Guides: Replaceable carbide insert guides housed in two heavy duty cast iron guide arms provide cut accuracy of / – .002” per linear inch of material and excellent vibration dampening.
Powered Blade Brush: Driven off the blade drive wheel the 3” blade brush keeps the blade gullets clean, helping to maximize blade performance and life.
Blade Tensioning: Manual mechanical tensioning assembly allows for quick and simple blade changing. A LED display on the control console provides readout for proper tension setting.
Work Light: A halogen work light provides substantial lighting over work piece / cutting area.
Laser Light: Projects a crisp line of laser light along the blade line. This feature can be used for fast length measurements or as a cut marker.
Coolant System: A pump delivers ample coolant flow through carbide faced and nozzle guides. Flow valves are present for coolant quantity adjustment. A wash down hose with spray gun is also mounted on the machine.
Hydraulic System: A 1.7 HP ON DEMAND driven hydraulic pump supplies system pressure. The system pressure, through a 3-position directional valve system, controls all vises, and head up/down movement
Electronic DDF: The DDF (dual down feed) system has the capability of controlling both feed rate and feed force parameters to achieve optimum cutting results and blade life. The feed rate control provides a desired traverse rate for the saw head resulting in the desired blade chip load. The feed force control sets the maximum force value that will not be exceeded during the cutting process. For cutting of solid materials the feed force control provides blade protection from excessive cutting forces that can cause crooked cuts and/or blade damage. Electrical System The electrical control components are housed in an easy access cabinet in the front of the machine. Components and wiring are labeled for easy troubleshooting.
Control Panel: The NEW WINDOWS 5.0 Touch Screen NC Controller operates the automatic cycle and allows for manual operation as well. Job information, such as part length and quantity, is entered through the interface touch screen. Up to 99 different jobs can be entered into the PLC memory, and can be called up and performed at any time. Also, a JOB QUEUE function allows up to 5 jobs to be picked from the memory, and run consecutively. The automatic run sequence can be set so that the machine automatically pauses after the first cut between jobs in queue in order to allow for a first off inspection prior to proceeding with the rest of the job. A wide variety of languages can be chosen for message screen display.
- Manual mode: Allows for a fast one cut operation. In this mode all functions are controlled and initialized by the operator. The display shows blade tension, blade speed, blade height position, run time of the blade, run time of the cut and blade drive motor amperage draw.
- Automatic mode: The controller displays blade speed, blade tension part length, quantity required, and piece count, job run time, total blade run time The machine will shut down when the required number of pieces have been cut.
- Digital display of the following attributes: Blade tension, blade speed, blade feed rate, blade cutting pressure, actual position of the blade above the table surface (head height), cut timer, maximum blade motor current consumption, and actual blade motor current consumption which is useful in determining how hard the machine is working. Operator has ability to set the display to any major language. The PLC has an automatic blade break-in button for a new saw blade.
Blade Breakage Switch: If the blade breaks during operation the machine will be shut down.
Electrically Driven Chip Auger: Built into the base, an auger screw pulls chips from the base and discharges at side of machine.
Blade Deviation Monitor Monitors lateral blade deviation during cutting. If blade deflection increases beyond the pre-set warning limit, then the monitoring device sends a warning signal by means of a flashing beacon. If no steps are taken to correct this condition, the machine will continue to cut until the pre-set shut-down limit is reached. At this point the machine will behave in one of two ways, selectable by parameter setting:
- Stop cutting, raise the head and shut down Or
- Finish the cut with present degree of deviation and then shut down.
Out of Stock Switch: Mounted on the shuttle vise, when the vise closes with no material between its jaws, the machine hydraulics shut down (The cut in progress at the time will finish before shut down occurs). Allowing for the machine to be left unattended with no danger of the machine cycling with no material.
Please contact us for additional, factory installed, features.
Please Note: Due to the size and weight of some products, shipping and truck delivery must be arranged by phone or email. A Detroit Band Saw specialist will call you to make arrangements and give you the final cost including freight charges.